y
DESCARGA NUESTRA APPAHORA PUEDES DESCARGAR NUESTRA NUEVA APP

histoire

Le 25 Juillet 1536, de la main du conquérant espagnol Sebastián de Belalcazar, né Santiago de Caly (Cali).

Son prénom, James, a été donné certains disent en l’honneur de l’apôtre Jacques, parce que ce jour sa fête a été célébrée en Espagne.

Sur son deuxième nom, Caly (Cali), peu est connu; Certains experts estiment que sa situation est due à la vallée de la rivière Lili, tandis que pour d’autres, il est un produit de la voix qui a amené les conquérants de l’Equateur ou a été pris d’un Cacique portant le même nom. 

La tradition veut que, après la cérémonie de fondation, la première messe a été célébrée à la place aujourd’hui occupée par le couvent et l’église de La Merced. Ainsi, le conseil dont le premier maire Don Pedro de Ayala et conseiller municipal don Antón Redondo a été institué.

Bientôt la fondation de Santiago de Cali a atteint les oreilles de Francisco Pizarro, comme il a été établi que tout ce qui a été conquis en Colombie du Sud serait soumis à la juridiction du Pérou. Il était donc que Pizarro était chargée de fixer les limites de la nouvelle province.

Trois ans plus tard Caly (Cali) déplacé au pied de la colline de San Antonio, un belvédère qui a toujours été un témoin silencieux de sa croissance rapide.

By Real Cedula of 17 of June of 1559 was granted to Cali coat of arms. « Let there be seven mogotes of earth in it, let the one of the middle be higher, and on the right hand of the lower part be a city of gold between two rivers and green trees, and on the lower side of that shield be at one Port of sea with a no-fountain at the mouth of the river that comes out of that mogote and enters the sea, and other naos said upstream with canoes with their oars in blue and white waters. On August 20 of that same year Cali received the title of « Very noble and very loyal city ».

Despite being founded in 1536, the progress of Santiago de Cali has been seen with greater impetus since the beginning of the XX. At this time, it is said that the city had about 20 thousand inhabitants when it was then the capital of a municipality of the Department of Cauca.

At that time, Cali had two urban areas: the paved or upper part of the city (the neighborhoods of La Merced and San Antonio), and the bayano or lower part where the neighborhood or Parish of San Nicolás was located.

The city was already shaped as a center of commerce; Its main activity was the cattle ranch and also supplied food to populations of the Chocó and gold mines of the Pacific. Since then it was a hotbed of industrialization.

In order to communicate with other populations to the north and the west, the Caleños of the time counted on two bridges. The Ortiz Bridge on 12th Street and Paso de La Torre to visit the towns of Yumbo, Vijes, Yotoco, Roldadillo and from there to Cartago, Toro and Ansermanuevo through the Cauca River. Then, in the West, the Santa Rosa Bridge was built. The road to the sea was completed only until 1 January 1915.